The State of New Mexico offers a variety of assistance programs. Find out more by clicking this  link to the Human Services Department’s Yes New Mexico Portal:

Via Yes New Mexico, you can quickly and easily apply for a variety of public assistance programs. You can also update pending applications, check their status, and renew participation in certain programs. Follow the link to create an account to determine your eligibility and apply for various benefits—including LIHWAP assistance to pay your water bill.

Tenants and Owners may apply for this assistance.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

Is your rental home in Bernalillo County but outside the City of Albuquerque?

Bernalillo County residents who live outside of Albuquerque city limits can apply for assistance with past-due rent and past-due utilities incurred as a result of financial hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click the link below for more information and to apply. Need assistance with your application? Email or call 505.468.1279 (Option#1)
Bernalillo County Rent Assistance Program – Economic Development (